Startup Weekend Blockchain Edition!
All of the awesomeness of Startup Weekend combined with all the mystery & possibility of Blockchain Technology. Let's do this!
According to Blockchain Revolution author, Don Tapscott, 'blockchain technology a truly open, distributed, global platform will fundamentally change what we can achieve online, how we do it, & who can participate.'
Check out his TED Talk on How the Blockchain is Changing Money & Business.
Harvard Business Review Article: The Blockchain Will Do to the Financial System What the Internet Did to Media
What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business & thought to yourself, 'that was my idea a few years ago'? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups & entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, & passionate entrepreneurs in NYC,
- join or build an all-star team,
- learn & practice new skills to take back to your job, or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
Check out this short video of last fall's Startup Weekend Music Tech Edition! Many thanks to Sony Music for producing the video.
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event & program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers & other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.),
- students from universities & even high schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills,
- passionate visionaries, and
- many more!
What's the twist?
Blockchain edition means we will be focusing on ideas that utilize the power & potential of blockchain technology & design to solve problems. Blockchain technology gives us an opportunity to reimagine how we move, transact, share, & track goods & services. Some argue that blockchain technology is like the next internet. That is, the internet was the enabler & delivery mechanism for some of the greatest ideas of the last 2 decades. Blockchain can do the same for the next couple of decades & this is our chance to be the first ones to embrace & build on it. Don't miss this opportunity to get in on a new pioneering technology, early in the game!
Whether you are interested in the blockchain or not, the ultimate objective of the event is to empower you with a powerful process for taking any idea, blockchain-related or not, from concept to creation!
Your full-price ticket includes:
- Access to the full, weekend-long, event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the blockchain world & the tech startup community
- 7 meals plus coffee throughout the weekend
- Workshops on understanding blockchain
- Collaboration with awesome blockchain professionals from throughout NYC
- 1 awesome Startup Weekend t-shirt
- All-star judge's panel led by tech, startup, & blockchain leaders
- 1 copy of a book on innovation or blockchain (tbd)
- Membership in theStartup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)#SWMafia
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- Over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come & spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, & see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process & learning from each other. If you have more questions, check out theStartup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Join us for a very special weekend!
Questions? Press inquiries? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.