Want to build a career in tech or finance as a minority but face some challenges? How to shift the paradigm to give millions of talented people a chance to achieve the success they deserve?
These & other issues will be raised at our online panel discussion by professionals whose achievements prove that changes are possible but there is still a long way ahead.
- What's like being a minority in tech or finance?
- How to challenge the current landscape to make a difference?
- What strategy can help build a successful career?
Join us on October 22 at 5:30 pm EDT to learn what strategy can help you make it to the top despite all the obstacles.
This event is part of the LEL Connecting Diversity series.
In Connecting Diversity sessions, minority founders & investors, as well as tech executives & entrepreneurs with an international/immigrant background will come together & address certain topics amid the current political landscape & share personal experience as a minority in startup & tech.
- Betty Ng is a tech & media entrepreneur, bestselling author, trainer, professional speaker, consultant, & thought leader.
She is the founder & CEO of Inspiring Diversity (iD), which provides organizations, educators, & families with FASST (frameworks, assessments, systems, storytelling, & training) solutions for building inclusive & high-performing culture. She is also a co-founder of TAIQ, which empowers people globally to think, act, & interact inclusively. Clients include household names such as Intel, S&P Global, American Express, Thomson Reuters, the American Red Cross, United States Military Academy (West Point), & the Marsh & McLennan Companies.
- Brett Johnson is a native of New Jersey & currently an Implementation Consultant at LinkedIn. In this role, he leads SaaS implementations for customers in their Talent Solutions Enterprise Program.
Prior to his transition to Big Tech, he worked at banking & financial institutions including Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, & KPMG. For nearly a decade Brett partook in improving international enterprise transformation & executing strategic global initiatives.
- Jon Chu is a tech executive that loves to scale companies, build products & experiences that tells a great story. He is currently the Chief Product Officer at PrivCo, a private company intelligence, & services company.
Jon is an accomplished technology thought leader with over 19+ years of mobile, product, & data experiences working in multiple industries with various Fortune 100 companies.
He has worked previously at Goldman Sachs, Bridgewater Associates, Deloitte, & Hearst before starting his a few entrepreneurial ventures. He has been featured in podcasts & speaks regularly at forums about innovation, social impact, & the art of human interactions with technology.