Deciding how much equity & compensation to offer your co-founders, earliest employees, & investors can be a confusing & difficult task - and, easy to get wrong.
Global Head of Executive Compensation & Benefits for JP. Morgan, Robert Barbetti, & VC Partner at Lerer Hippeau, Graham Brown, will help you become equity smart by sharing the fundamentals to a successful startup equity & compensation model.
Robert & Graham will also share how to adjust & manage your equity model as your startup grows & gets more funding - and, what all of this means if you're acquired or IPO.
What you'll learn:
- Cap Tables, what yours should look like, & what investors want to see
- Founder Stock split & compensated, or not for founders early on
- Equity-based compensation, & early exercise options
- Understanding of the common terms & what they mean to your startup: grants, cliffs, option pool, wage deferral, ISOs, RSUs, vesting, etc.
- Robert Barbetti, Global Head of Compensation, JP Morgan
- Graham Brown, VC Partner at Lerer Hippeau
- Kathryn Van Nuys, Startup & Venture Capital BD, Amazon Web Services