Throughout the past year, companies have focused on recovering from the pandemic & establishing a course for new growth. Behind this tension however is a fundamental paradox: As a business grows, the more complex it becomes, & the more complex it becomes, the harder it is to grow.
According to a 5-year study by Bain & Company, only one in 17,000 companies will grow to $500 million & become a sustained value creator because of the bottlenecks, systems breakdowns, & complexity that accompany growth. This leads to employee overwhelm, performance gaps, & derailing the ability to serve customers & create the momentum the team desires.
Unfortunately, the typical response to complexity is to add even more complexity - more people, more systems, more oversight - which only compounds the problem. How can companies grow profitably & avoid the internal breakdowns & pitfalls that accompany growth?
In this free VB Live event, we'll talk about the symptoms of too-fast growth - from losing touch with key customers to communication breakdowns, overwhelming workloads, & low employee morale. Then we'll address strategies & solutions to stay on track & prioritize what matters most. You'll come away with strategies to revive your energy, bring your focus back to delighting customers, reconnect to a bold purpose & mission, redefine your direction, energize your team, & more.
Registration is free.
Attendees will learn:
- The major challenges of too-fast growth
- How to recognize the complexity that could be undermining your team or organization
- How to adapt the skills & behaviors needed for consistent, scalable growth
- How to build teams & cultures that thrive in a complex world
- Gina Hartigan, SVP of Human Resources, MavenLink
- Kristine Gunn, Executive Director, Talent & Org Management, TriNet
- Stewart Rogers, Moderator, VentureBeat