Almaworks Accelerator's Demo Day is the culmination of an 8-week accelerator program of Columbia startups. We take no equity & aim to help early-stage startups run by NYC student entrepreneurs achieve significant, sustainable growth. Our student startups have collectively raised more than $33M in seed funding & enrolled in programs such as Y Combinator & TechStars.
Join us 12.2.2022 to watch the cohort pitch to investors, listen to Justin Wenig (cofounder of Coursedog) speak about his experience in the program, ask questions to a VC panel, & mingle around at the end! This years event will be held at Pulitzer Hall at Columbia University in the World Room.
1) Hippo: Hippo is a verticalized order any pay solution for food trucks, offering a hardware free POS & marketplace to drive demand & better manage orders. Today, food trucks lack a digital presence as current market solutions are unaffordable & traditional POS systems are complicated & bulky. As a result, food trucks have no customer engagement & no way to collect client data-instead they have relied on foot traffic to drive demand which has been materially impacted by COVID. Hippo brings a market specific solution to food trucks, offering them a digital presence & marketing at a low cost. Through its platform, trucks can accept & process credit cards, increase their average order sizes & build brand awareness.
2) Light FRP: Light RFP is a web app where procurement managers post service contracts (Trucking, Waste Management, Cleaning, Maintenance) & commercial service vendors bid or "Sign Now" to win the right to fulfill the contracts. Posting a contract is free & the winning bidder is charged a service fee for 5% of the contract's final value. For procurement managers who want a more traditional brokerage experience, we offer Light RFP Concierge where we assign them an account manager to handle their RFP on or off platform. Light RFP Concierge takes the spread between the price the customer wants to pay & the price a vendor is willing to accept which ranges from 10% to 50% of the total contract value.
3) Ease: Ease creates household cleaning products that are by far the most functional, effective, & easy to use on the market. They are sharing a lifestyle where living in your own space is worry-free & enjoyable. They have launched a super concentrated liquidless detergent sheet that can clean the clothes with powerful yet gentle formula with active enzymes to target grease & smell, catch all harmful chemicals in your laundry cycle including color bleeds, & function as a dryer sheet.
4) Sourceable: Sourceable is an online platform & mobile application, that empowers citizen journalists to document, verify, archive, & share newsworthy data directly to paid subscribers. Leveraging innovative verification technology, Sourceable is revolutionizing the media, journalism, & technology industries by providing verified data directly to media & human rights professionals in real-time from places of conflict & crisis.
5) Dehusk: Dehusk is a food-tech startup aimed at accelerating the transition toward plant-based milk in Asia. They are creating a dairy milk alternative from coconut milk which is more cost-effective, avoids dietary restrictions, & more environmentally sustainable.
6) Maiv Health: Maiv is building software as a medical device to measure vital signs & biomarkers from mobile device videos. This telehealth innovation uses body surface recordings to extract novel signals from blood pulsation. Non-invasive & painless collection of vitals + biomarkers is a paradigm shift for care delivery. Maiv Health is looking to spearhead that transition.
7) ufree: People live busy lives. It is hard for people to make plans because they do not know who is available at the same time they are. ufree product provides a platform where users can interact with others who are available when they are. They help foster real-life interactions by providing a platform to make plans spontaneously. Whether you want to get food, grab drinks, study, or just hang- out, ufree helps busy people make plans in the moment.
8) Scraft: Scraft is an AI-powered writing tool that helps you organize ideas & craft better arguments by asking mind-stimulating questions like Socrates. Once you start writing, Scraft constantly throws questions that stimulate your critical thinking & expands your perspectives on the topic. It will also recommend webpages & news articles relevant to your writing context so you can use them as references. With these AI features, you can follow Scraft's three-step guided writing program (Plan-Draft-Write) to finish your essay's first rough draft efficiently.