Liberating Structures (http://www.liberatingstructures.com/) offer a revolutionary solution to collaboration in groups. Invented by Henri Lipmanowicz & Keith McCandless, Liberating Structures are a set of microstructures (33 at the moment) that use a handful of simple rules to unleash & involve everyone - no matter the size of the group.
Join Dana Pylayeva (https://www.linkedin.com/in/danapylayeva/) and
Robie Wood (https://www.linkedin.com/in/robie-wood-pmp-csm-spc-1561485/) to experience a small LS string - a set of Liberating Structures assembled for a specific outcome. Learn what you can make possible with Liberating Structures!
6:00 - 6:30 PM - Arrival & Networking
6:30 - 7:45 PM - Introduction to Liberating Structures
7:45 - 8:00 - Future plans, groups updates & goodbyes
***** THIS WORKSHOP IS CO-HOSTED WITH NYC LIBERATING STRUCTURES GROUP*****
**What becomes possible with Liberating Structures:**
- Teachers & educators sharing more freedom & responsibility in classroom to shape learning in partnership with one another
- Business & personal partners developing more capability to face down uncertainty with greater ease, imagination, & confidence.
- Leadership teams becoming more cohesive & able to tap into the collective intelligence of their people in a way that generates better than expected results
- Product & innovation groups finding ways to strengthen their portfolios & act with greater strategic & tactical agility
- Scientists & research engineers finding ways to synthesize & integrate the key insights from their deep domain expertise in order to generate novel ways of making progress on entangled problems (like climate modeling)
- Conference participants discovering longer term connections & ideas that endure over time
With over 31 years experience as a business leader, program manager & information technology practitioner, Robie Wood is specializing in Information Technology portfolio strategy & delivery with emphasis on building & leading strong Agile teams & organizations. He has led numerous programs & projects & currently leads Agile management support for the Consumer Products portfolio at Capital One Bank. Robie has served as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Agile Transformation Leader, Agile Coach, & Agile Trainer. Robie has presented at conferences & workshops on business intelligence, project management, & team agility. Prior to Capital One, Robie's clients have included federal, state & county governments as well as commercial entities in the financial & physical security industries. Robie can be reached email@example.com can be followed on Twitter at @ImprovAgility
Dana Pylayeva is an Agile/DevOps Coach & Trainer with 18 years of experience in IT. She works with teams & organizations in US, Canada, Ireland, Japan & Russia as well as speaks internationally about DevOps, Agile & organizational culture.
Dana is the author of Introduction to DevOps with Lego, Chocolate & Scrum Game & the "Fear in the Workplace" game.
She is a certified Training from the Back of the Room trainer, Open Space facilitator, CSM, CSP, CSPO, Certified LeSS Practitioner & the founder of Big Apple Scrum Day conference in NYC.