** Disclaimer: Click Attend the Event' to get notified with the direct link to the livestream **
Building a great product starts with knowing your customers' needs first (not the other way around). Don't fall into the trap of building a shiny solution & dangling it in front of your customers. They might not even use it!
There are tools & techniques that can get you closer to understanding your customers' needs. Find out here!
1. Before the interview, set clear goals & align with your team:
- What do we want to learn at a high level?
- What questions do we want to ask?
- What types of interviews do we want to conduct?
2. During the interview, focus on the customer ("the customer is king/queen"):
- Use the 80/20 rule & listen 80% of the time & talk 20%
- Make the customer feel at ease by treating the meeting as a conversation, not an interview
- Ask open-ended questions and... listen
3. After the interview, debrief with your team:
- What went well & what can be improved?
- What were the big takeaways?
- Share big takeaways with the whole team & start prioritizing!
Meet the Speaker: David Cho
David is a Senior Product Manager at Zillow on the new rentals enterprise team where he is helping the company reimagine the way customers find & rent homes.
View Speaker's Full Profile (https://bit.ly/3bE9JXy)
The content of this event is for educational purposes only & does not include any specific facts of the presenter's current or previous company. The opinions expressed in this event are solely those of the presenter based on personal experiences & do not reflect those of the company the presenter works for.
Get the FREE Product Book (https://prdct.school/2N303Og) & check out our curated list of free Product Management resources here (https://prdct.school/3rEXjWt)
Product School (http://bit.ly/2TqhCZ1) is the global leader in Product Management training with a community of over one million product professionals. Our certificates are the most industry-recognized credentials by employers hiring product managers. All of our instructors are senior-level Product Managers working at top Silicon Valley companies including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, & Amazon.
Disclaimer: by registering for this event I agree to receive email communications from Product School & all sponsor brands.