Come learn about SAFE Network, a wildly ambitious attempt to build a massive online network under the principles that it be decentralized, collaborative, self-enforcing, & transparent; where the users never lose sovereignty of their data. To do so, the MAIDSAFE team behind the SAFE network invented:
* A networking protocol where all data is self-encrypted & organized by the network autonomously in an unpredictable way
* A distributed consensus protocol that is highly asynchronous & Byzantine Fault Tolerant, allowing up to 1/3 of the nodes in the network to be malicious
* A blockchain-inspired Data Chain to track where data lives in the network
* A cryptocurrency to compensate users for the CPU, memory, & disks provided to the network
* A platform for developing applications based on that network
Michael Pigott will introduce the network, explain how it works, & perhaps even demonstrate a potential internet of the future.