At Oscar, we are changing how health insurance works. We brought together talented folks from various industries & places; we all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
Running efficient operations is a key factor to a successful organization. This Executive Assistant will be supporting our CEO to strategically manage his time & priorities to best support & enable his success. This position requires someone who loves details & can connect them to the bigger picture, can roll with the punches, & loves the challenge of working in an ever-changing & growing environment! You must be a team player & be able to thrive in a start-up & busy culture.
What is the position?
You will support our CEO to ensure that him & his organization are fully supported by accomplishing the following:
- Proactively manage the busy & ever-changing calendar of the CEO.
- Coordinate meetings & conference calls & reserve rooms accordingly.
- Keep a pulse on team culture & morale -- bubble up issues with ideas for solutions.
- Be proactive & take ownership of your role.
- Look for growth points & be a thought partner to our Chief of Staff.
- Triage workflow for the CEO; develop an understanding of task & issue priorities; bring urgent matters to attention.
- Draw on experience & judgment while handling highly confidential & proprietary matters.
- Prepare travel arrangements & submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Greet guests & make them comfortable when they arrive with professionalism & poise.
- Partner with colleagues for meeting planning & assist with special projects as needed.
You are someone with...
- 5 years experience in a support role working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Proven track record of professionalism with at least 3 years of experience in a fast-paced office environment supporting a C-level executive
- Outstanding organization, attention to detail, & follow-up skills.
- The utmost discretion & tact in handling highly confidential & sensitive information.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic & desire to achieve high performance.
- The ability to think on your feet -- creatively & collaboratively -- amidst ambiguity.
- On-the-fly problem-solving skills paired with a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to juggle several tasks at once while maintaining poise & positivity.
- A proactive nature -- always thinking ahead & seeing around corners.
- An outgoing, friendly style but with backbone to challenge people & situations when necessary.
- Capacity to work with a variety of work-styles & personalities.
- Interest in & excitement for the Health Tech sphere
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.