Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way people eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Director, Business Intelligence Job Description:
The Director of Business Intelligence will lead the reporting, analytics, forecasting & workforce management functions for the Customer Care (CC) team. In this role, you will directly lead a team, influence & collaborate cross functionally to ensure that reporting insights are valuable, forecasts are accurate, & analyze customer experiences, financial reporting, & to identify opportunities for improvement. The Director will develop, own, & drive the roadmaps for reporting, forecasting, & analytics; serve as the subject matter expert across key quantitative elements & help convert raw data into useful information to help drive continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have experience in an operations & customer care environment; be familiar with contact center best practices; have a track record successfully creating & deploying workforce forecasting models; understand the nuances of business & technology; & can instill trust in every data point that gets analyzed & reported.
- Lead reporting with an emphasis on KPIs, service volumes, customer satisfaction & productivity
- Work across the organization to determine what metrics, reports, dashboards, & analysis are needed to drive the business, & then work with the appropriate teams to build & implement them.
- Own, simplify, & automate CC reporting, enabling team self-service on demand
- Develop & refine CC team dashboards, performance scorecards, KPIs, operational metrics, self-service channel metrics, financial records, vendor performance reports
- Ensure data & reporting are unquestionably accurate, reliable, explainable, & purposeful
- Determine the source of truth for data across the organization, maintain quality control & reliability of various data & reporting streams
- Lead analytics resources, capabilities, & manage ad-hoc projects
- Provide leadership, coaching, & developmental support to Business Intelligence team
- Develop fundamental hypotheses & theories about how the business works & lead analyses, develop growth models based on these underlying dynamics
- Execute deep dive analyses to answer critical business questions, ensure best of class analytical processes are adhered to to drive high-quality documentation & ensure output contains high quality, valuable information that is actionable & easy to consume.
- Translate data into useful information, provide clear, actionable recommendations based upon data analysis to help us validate assumptions, test hypotheses & drive improvements
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation & improve agent & team productivity
- Analyze policy, process, team & vendor performance bottlenecks & recommend optimizations as we continually improve individual & team performance.
- Translate business questions into problems solvable by using analytics tools, with the skill to read between the lines to find the question behind the question that makes a difference.
- Synthesize analysis & recommendations into cohesive presentations that tell a concise, actionable story to key stakeholders
- Lead the Forecasting & Workforce Management function:
- Provide leadership, coaching, & developmental support to Workforce Management team
- Establish, document, & manage team standard operating procedures
- Manage service level performance, optimize CC response times across channels
- Architect forecasting models with & ensure consistent execution of periodic forecasts to determine staff required, organize & manage agent schedules & vendor volume allocation
- Own resource allocation strategies across sites, supervise real-time queue management
- Drive continuous improvement in forecasting accuracy, SLA attainment, team productivity
- Lead budgeting, scenario modeling, & financial reporting as it pertains internal/vendor staff
- Serve as a key member of the CC Leadership team:
- Work directly with the CC leadership team to coordinate & align regarding the effective operation of customer experience, vendor & local operations to drive cross-team project management, alignment against team OKRs, & advance opportunities to further scale our operations.
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop strong working relationships to continuously evolve our data strategy to help grow the business (with an emphasis on marketing, technology, product & operations)
- Oversee & manage your team effectively & with autonomy: clearly define & assign responsibilities & projects, set & monitor performance & development goals, etc.
- Serve as a mentor, coach & develop analytical best practices that propagate throughout the organization
- A leader who has built BI teams before, ideally within a customer care environment
- A numbers person - Thrives in quantitative environments, help bring structure to the ambiguous
- A natural owner - Super reliable & thoughtful in managing your responsibilities, cares about the outcome & quality of work, & earns the trust of your colleagues
- A data-driven critical thinker & problem solver - Use data & logic to identify opportunities, diagnose issues, evaluate alternatives, & synthesize & present critical information to solve complex problems
- Gritty & results-oriented - When you encounter obstacles, you find solutions, not excuses. Youre willing to roll up your sleeves & contribute to execution, lead by example & get the job done
- Intellectually curious - Has an insatiable desire to understand why things are the way they are, how things work, & to challenge the status quo; searches for information & answers in an evolving landscape
- Agile & organized - Thrives in fast-paced & dynamic environments; can multitask & prioritize responsibilities; demonstrates a methodical approach to all work.
- An excellent communicator - Can explain complex (often technical) information to a variety of audiences
- A self-starter - Comfortable working autonomously & are obsessive about producing high quality work; Eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- A team player that favors team victories over individual success
- Customer obsessed - Customers are the purpose of our work, not a distraction from it
- Bachelors degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields required (Masters degree preferred)
- 4+ years of experience leading forecasting, workforce management, & developing analytic talent required
- 5+ years of experience delivering analytical solutions to complex problems required
- Experience administering & developing visualization tools such as Tableau (or similar) required
- Very strong business acumen & ability to interface with executive leadership
- Experience with key contact center technologies preferred:
- Cutting edge CRM & supporting tools
- Genesys PureCloud
- Aspect WFM
- Familiarity working with SQL, Python, & R preferred
- This position's essential functions demand the performance of the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Prolonged periods working at a desk & on a computer
- Reading information on a computer screen & inputting data into a computer system
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match, which vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks) & PTO policies
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Opportunities to continue learning & growing your technical & business skills
- Company-sponsored outings & access to Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.