VICE is seeking an intellectually curious individual who is eager to dive into the various advertising pricing & analytics opportunities of our digital advertising business. The Yield Manager will be on the Strategy & Operations team & serve the Commercial team through revenue optimization, by acting as the main point of contact for sophisticated, product-level yield analysis & modeling.
Full leadership & oversight of utilization of ad supply, which includes proactive streamlining of product level analysis to regularly (as often as daily) understand inventory impression capacity & availability, as well as actualized data like sell-through rate, revenue & sold pricing.
Responsible for thoroughly delivering daily inventory & pricing requests from the Media Strategy & Sales teams, providing product recommendations, inventory trends, or alternative planning options.
Analyze ad product experiences & delivery with an eye towards protecting & developing high viewablity & high brand safe user experiences. Monitor & analyze performance through campaign dashboards & readouts & provide strategic optimization alerts & recommendations.
Collaborate with Finance & senior leadership to accurately model product level ad capacity, sell-through goals & revenue opportunities to inform overall annual commercial business revenue projections. Pivot & quantify these projections in ways that directly inform the content output responsible for creating revenue as well as team budgets.
Partner with Media Solutions to proactively optimize & prioritize ad supply sourcing, technical setup, & ad stack prioritization.
Work with external media vendors & partners to create new ad inventory & supply for VICE, thus contributing to increasing revenue possibilities generated by ad sales. Communicate supply updates to internal teams within the commercial business.
Work with the Media Strategy, Media Solutions & Sales teams to help create strong product level go-to-market strategies to help deliver on aforementioned revenue goals, establishing advertising on VICE as unique to brand partners & enabling the sales team to generate revenue opportunities.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Strong analytical skills & ability to clearly synthesize large dataset into key insights.
- Fluent in excel with a proven background of creative problem-solving techniques
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities & deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Education: BA/BS with majors in Business, Marketing, Statistics, or Economics
- 5+ years of digital advertising experience required, yield or analytical experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills: ability to translate quantitative details into clear, succinct summaries & recommendations for peers, sales, & executive audiences. Possess an ability to work effectively & interface with clients, sales team, & product/platform teams.
- Experience with SQL queries, Google Analytics/Omniture, FreeWheel, Yieldex, Tableau/Domo strongly desired.
- Background in digital ad operations, inventory/yield management. Deep familiarity (admin/manager experience) with DFP, XSM or comparable ad-serving & order management systems (Operative, FatTail, FreeWheel).
- Excellent time management & attention to detail
- A proven ability to do both tactical work & set an overall strategy when working on a project.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.