AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies & financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public & private contentincluding company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, & equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, & India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting & disseminating key performance indicators; & by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager in our New York City HQ, the position will be responsible for overseeing the accounting function of the Indian entity & working alongside a junior accountant. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company & there will be significant opportunities for rapid career advancement.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CA/CPA preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 firm with focus on small/medium enterprises preferred
- A self starter who can operate independently
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office is required
- Fluent in English
- Experience in using accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)
What Youll Do:
- Ensure timely & accurate income statement recognition in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ensure accounting transactions are accurately reflected for each months closing
- Identify critical issues that must be raised to a higher level for decision making
- Prepare journal entries in conformity with established procedures
- Prepare & review analysis of various balance sheet & P&L accounts
- Prepare month end journal entries & support the monthly close process to ensure timely & accurate monthly reconciliation of accounts for the various entities under the AlphaSense umbrella
- Liaise closely with internal departments to ensure all monthly transactions are properly booked
- Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area & to design new processes & controls for emerging & growing business activities.
- Ability to identify & implement process improvement & automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization.
- Lead delivery of accounting tasks & projects.
- Assist with Audit request (Quarterly/Annual Audit, Stat Audit, & Sales Tax Audit)
- Responsibilities to evolve as the company grows
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, & respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSenses commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, & termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances where a particular employee works.