The Senior Director, People Business Partner will directly support the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) & Chief Legal & Culture Officer (CLC), & lead the People Business Partner (PBP) team that supports client groups & business leaders across these organizations. This role will be responsible for helping to drive business outcomes, values adoption, leadership development, organizational effectiveness & strong employee engagement through the development & execution of an aligned global talent strategy. In addition, this role will have 3 directs, but lead a total team of 8 People Business Partners supporting these functions. This role is based in Pelotons NYC Headquarters.
The successful candidate will partner with leaders across the business to develop business objectives that support our People strategy, while also focusing on the development of the People Business Partner team to enhance their strategic partnerships.They are capable of driving change across a dynamic, fast-growing organization. This role will be accountable for leading programs at scale, from needs identification to implementation, considering the unique needs of our internal client groups & in close partnership with other cross functional teams of the broader People organization. As a member of the People Business Partner team, this role will ensure core & common talent-related programs & processes are adopted & adapted, while understanding when to flex based on nuances of their client groups. This individual will also be responsible in helping to strengthen the leadership team of each function & fostering an inclusive & diverse culture by providing coaching & consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership capability & capacity.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, & deliver global programs that drive results & strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate & quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted people business partner & advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach, advise & influence senior leaders on their effectiveness, help raise their own performance bar
- Partner with business leaders to to drive & lead through organizational change & evolution
- Develop & steward a holistic talent plan for your client groups
- Develop & support your team as they continue to uplevel their strategic partnerships with the business
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager & employee compliance with company policies & procedures, & governmental regulations, & closely partner with Employee Relations team on investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership & employee development, compensation, etc.
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical & metrics-driven approach to solutions & drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Build & foster an inclusive & diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Develop & enable people manager capabilities & leadership team effectiveness
- Troubleshoot issues independently & drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal & external barriers.
- Build strategy and/or solutions, leveraging sound judgment to navigate ambiguous situations
- Take initiative to develop & manage timelines, driving cross functional teams programs & processes forward, while providing actionable feedback to inform & strengthen future program iterations.
- Be a collaborative member of the broader People team org, a trust-worthy supporter of the business & lead by example across Pelotons values.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- Demonstrated progression & increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface & impact
- Knowledge of tech industry & experience both in a start-up & an established HR environment a plus
- Ability to earn trust with client groups through delivery of results & operating with a bias for action
- Ability to manage a team & hold high performance standards & quality outputs
- Deep business acumen & the executional know-how of building & growing businesses globally through the ongoing development & support of its people
- Deep knowledge of & experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching & progressive discipline), succession planning, compensation planning, etc. as well as organizational design & effectiveness
- Ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible, action-oriented format for business leaders & their teams
- Possess a high level of discretion - ability to deal with highly confidential & sensitive information
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges & designing win-win solutions across a matrix management organization
- Unique ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization, & operate comfortably with ambiguity & complexity
- Partners with business to drive & lead through organizational change & evolution
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.