Who are we?
Booking.com is one of the worlds largest & most successful e-commerce services, & requires a world class infrastructure platform for its products & services.
You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, deploying code on 35,000+ servers across multiple data centers around the world!
As a Group Product Manager for our Technical Operations department youre ultimately responsible for ensuring that our core systems & ecommerce products are highly reliable, ultra-scalable & continue to perform by offering reliability engineering as a product, incident response & world class observability products both for our infrastructure & product development teams.
You will drive platform product vision, direct strategic initiatives & the creation of product roadmaps in collaboration with your teams & the Product managers in your area.
Our vision is to empower people to experience the world. Wherever our customers go & whatever they do, they book it with us.With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million + accommodations worldwide, our daily mission is to make travel, experience & exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere.
You take full end to end responsibility for your product.
- Develop & own the long-term product vision & inspire your teams & Product Managers to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively.
- Identify platform opportunities & establish a strategy & roadmap to make the vision a reality.
- Support Product Managers in translating customer insights, company direction, industry developments into teams long- & short term priorities.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings & develop product requirements.
- Because your opinion is data-driven, you will define key business & success metrics, track them, & improve upon them.
- Benchmark our platform infrastructure against industry standards & competitors for cost, innovation, & operational excellence.
- Drive the customer experience, continually raising the bar on quality, functionality & usability.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal & performance management & coaching.
- 6+ years of experience in a Product Management, Engineering or Technology Strategy role.
- Experience with managing & coaching teams of Product Managers as direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills - Being able to both communicate effectively both strategic vision & specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear & concise product requirements, status updates & product results.
- Strong analytical skills - Able to interpret data & trends, diagnose problems, & recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong organisational & project management skills - Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate & timely manner.
- Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, external customers).
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills are essential.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement & lucrative compensation, including bonuses & stock potential. We also offer what we call the Booking Deal with other competitive perks & benefits. The Technology department has regular knowledge sharing, training & attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates & in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working & living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 500+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for an Infrastructure Product Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.