1% down. Want to help us capture the other 99%?.
CB Insights is looking for an SVP of Business Development - a a hands-on enterprise sales executive who wants to drive aggressive growth.
Well dig into the importance of the role below, but first, some data on the growth of CB Insights.
- 2015 - 66 teammates
- 2016 - 104 teammates
- 2017 - 168 teammates
- 2018 - 209 teammates
- 2019 - 292
- Today - 300+ & growing
Over that same period, our revenues have grown 800% without burning any money.
Underpinning this growth is the CB Insights Technology Intelligence platform which is going after a vast market (which weve only penetrated 1%) & a great team with top talent across all levels. Additionally during the past 6 months we have thrived - adding new datasets to our platform & done our first 2 M&A transactions.
That is the great news.
Now, what we need is for someone with expertise that will take us to the next level. And to do this, we are hiring for an SVP of Sales.
What does the next level look like: developing new capabilities to help us grow from 50M to 200M+, capturing the vast majority of the potential market we've not captured & deepening relationships with our existing Fortune 500 accounts
This will entail flawless execution on focused strategies & the repeatable process & systems necessary for us to get to the next level. Specifically, the SVP will own & drive:
- Develop, retain & lead a strong sales team
- Expand our presence within Fortune 500 clients, & increase our ability to structure & close large enterprise deals
- Land on new markets & revenue streams, including selling to mid market, SMBs, channel partnerships, etc
- Hit aggressive growth goals while focusing on increasing LTV & lowering CAC
- Designing & owning all relevant aspects of the sales cycle, including segmentation strategies, account mapping, & pricing
About the Business Development team:
Our team of 80+ is a best-in-class sales team attacking a very large B2B market. Working on the BD team at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to work with a group of individuals that are the embodiment of collaboration, perseverance, & success. This group works together to hit very lofty new revenue targets, while also being able to take time to cultivate stronger relationships with prospective clients.
You will lead a group of VPs & Directors (Sales + Sales Development), to success & report directly to the COO.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- SIgnificantly transform & improve our ability to generate revenues in our current markets
- Grow & develop a team of tenacious salespeople, driven by a culture of high standards, hunger, & healthy competition
- Build scalable & strategic systems for lead sourcing, qualification, & conversion
- Evaluate, build & scale new markets, sales channels & segmented approach to different types of clients, including pricing, offering model & sales model
- Move beyond pipeline management & help our team strategize regarding their accounts, segments, & top of funnel engagement
- Be a listening post in the market to recognize market trends & competitor activity
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a Saas based technology company
- 5+ years of experience & knowledge of a Saas company metrics & funnel combined with the ability to interpret data & make informed decisions
- Experience in structuring, selling & negotiating $1m+ enterprise deals
- Proven track record in managing environment that combine accelerated revenue growth, transformation, innovation & efficiencies at the same time
- Experience with strategizing, & executing on big changes, while also preparing & supporting the team in organizational changes.
- You work smart & hard. You have high standards for you & your teams work
- You have high standards & challenge & coach members of your team to deliver valuable client experience under aggressive goals
- You see the big picture, but also sweat the details
- You embrace that speed of execution is a weapon for a growth company
- You are a structured thinker who can influence a diverse array of audiences. Great judgment, prioritization & clarity of thought is important in both written & verbal communication
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!