ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm marketing team is a small group of fast-moving, data-driven & creative thinkers who nurture & grow theSkimm brand & community, while driving audience growth & engagement across all platforms. The Senior Manager of Brand, Campaigns & Partnerships is a newly-created role focused on mission & marketing partnerships, campaigns & bringing our brand to life.
The Senior Manager of Brand, Campaigns & Partnerships will report to the Vice President, Brand Marketing. In 2021, were gearing up to continue making an impact for millenial women & enabling them to live their smartest lives. We need a partner who will be responsible for leading the development & implementation of marketing activations across brand partnerships, mission moments, campaigns & strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will be equal parts strategic & creative, have industry intel & enthusiasm, be proactive & meticulously organized, & be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get things done.
The Senior Manager will serve as a leader, collaborator & partner to the Marketing team. They will work in close partnership with teams across theSkimm including Communications, Content, Sales, Business Development, Design, Strategy, Data, Product & more. This role has one direct report as well as relationship-management & operational responsibilities. They will often manage multiple, concurrent campaigns & partnerships while moving at a fast pace.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead brand partnerships strategy & execution for theSkimm
- Build, nurture & grow brand partnerships & relationships on behalf of theSkimm to align with our brand, audience, events & priority campaigns
- Drive & execute strategies & go-to-market plans for brand partnerships & campaigns, implementing them in close collaboration with Sales, Content, Communications & the broader marketing team
- Build, execute & drive brand, mission & marketing campaigns in partnership with growth-marketing & the brand teams
- Ideate, create & initiate campaign concepting for both owned & partner campaigns & activations
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Associate, as well as agencies, vendors & partners
- Maintain continuous communication with key internal stakeholders for cross-functional alignment
- Track & analyze key partnership, campaign & marketing metrics & performance with oversight of budgets & responsibility for reporting to ensure that all campaigns & partnerships are data driven
- Streamline campaign processes & operations by using tools to reduce costs & improve efficiencies
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 7+ years of full-time experience in marketing, partnerships and/or events working in high volume, fast-paced environments
- Managerial skills & a talent for nurturing & collaborating with team members & direct reports
- A finger on the pulse of the industry, intel into the competitive landscape, emerging trends and marquee events & brands
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns & events, in addition to exceptional organizational, budgetary & time management skills
- Ability to collaborate & work cross-functionally
- Client/relationship, partnership or sales experience
- Experience working with product & design teams
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.