Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You are a hands-on payroll coordinator who is organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated & has a positive attitude!
You have excellent knowledge of the intricacies around executing & managing payroll & have experience processing payroll using ADP Workforce Now.
You understand wage withholding orders, garnishments, commission, & bonus payments & can process the related payroll accordingly. You are able to organize your workload, work independently, adapt quickly to change, & consistently meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Timely preparation & accurate execution of the semi-monthly US payroll using ADP Workforce Now & monthly payroll for 4 international locations with the relevant payroll providers
- Coordinate with the People Team to accurately maintain & record compensation changes, one-time payments, benefits deductions, & personnel information, including department changes & transfers
- Manage employee data in payroll systems including adding new hires, terminations, & department changes
- Understand proper taxation of stock options
- Record moving expenses, gift card payments, & other employee benefits for accurate tax reporting
- Maintain payroll support files & prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, & nontaxable wages
- Assist with any financial or statutory audits or requests that require the gathering of compensation & payroll data
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Maintain employee access to payroll platforms including assistance with password reset requests & registration assistance.
- Respond to all questions & concerns pertaining to payroll
- Comply with federal, state, & local legal requirements by studying existing & new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, & advising management on needed actions (including registration in new states or countries)
- Maintain payroll guidelines by documenting policies & procedures
- Maintain employee confidence & protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain professional & technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, & participating in professional societies
- Assist with the implementation of any software or systems that might be integrated with ADP Workforce Now, including potential HRIS interface
- Assist with any other projects that relate to compensation & payroll, as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Intermediate Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- 7-10 years of payroll processing experience
- Hands-on experience processing payroll for employee populations of 400 to 1000
- Experience managing multi-state payrolls for exempt & non-exempt employees, including practical experience using ADP Workforce Now
- Strong understanding of ISO/NSO stock option compensation & related payroll tax implications
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills & aptitude toward process improvements
- International payroll experience strongly preferred
- Exposure to benefit plans strongly preferred (e.g. 401K, Pension plans, etc.)
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.