Were looking for a Senior Motion Designer to join NowThis, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the design team, youll lead the motion strategy for the NowThis brand. This includes enhancing & implementing our motion toolkits across existing franchises inside the newsroom, executing upcoming original series initiatives & assisting the design of our various social platforms. Youll be based in our New York City office & report to the Associate Art Director.
The Senior Motion Designer will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Work with Associate Art Director to lead the motion design strategy on original series, newsroom social videos, & editorially sponsored content
- Design & animate graphics packages, including title sequences, lower thirds, data visualizations & visual effects
- Collaborate with the Technical Director to execute toolkits for Producers & Video Editors
- Create robust video graphics templates informed by usability & insights for content creators for all major social platforms
- Develop a deep understanding of NowThis current motion strategy & stay ahead of current industry trends, in both motion graphics & editorial news
- Organize & prioritize projects to ensure all deadlines are met with precision
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Self-starter with a passionate interest in digital news & journalism & a deep understanding of social platforms
- Creative thinker with a strapping sense of motion design & ability to lead projects from concept to delivery
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, & communicate progress to Associate Art Director & project managers.
- Strong problem solving skills & ability to troubleshoot edit/technical problems with ou
- 5 years motion design experience for a newsroom, agency, or brand
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects as well as working knowledge of Premiere, Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Familiarity with After Effects Expressions, Essential Graphics & Mogrt templating
- Enthusiastically collaborative: an ability to work with a team of editors, producers, & designers
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- A sense of humor & great attitude
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.