We are currently seeking aResearch Analystto help us understand audiences, engagement & ad impact in the social platforms.The Analystwilljoin our Insights Team,reporting to theSenior Director of Research & Measurement.The Research Analystwill workcloselywiththe advertising sales team, paid social distribution, audience development, our Content Studio(Brandshop at Group Nine) & other content creators & sales marketers within the organization.
The Research Analyst will beprovidingaudience datato support the campaign pitch phase, designing ad effectiveness brand studies that align with advertiser goals for their campaign(s), monitoring brand studies to look for areas to optimizeperformance,vetting andmanaging day-to-day with 3rdparty research vendors,general consumer market or industries research, & working directly withtheSenior Director of Researchon any & all market & advertising research initiatives on a daily basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with Senior Director of Research on general reports for company leadership on advertising effectiveness & audience trends both within Group Nine Media properties & across the industry
- Review month-to-month audience trends via Nielsen, comScore, & Google Analytics for reporting & data archives
- Design & execute all campaign-attached brand lift studies from start-to-finish, working with the Research Team & 3rd party providers to develop surveys, program studies for delivery, consult with clients & sales team contacts to align on campaign media goals, analyze incoming study results, & package insights & results into final deck deliverables for client sharing
- Keep an organized log of all ad campaign study results to draw additional strategic insights on ad effectiveness, creative process, & successful campaign content
Advertising Sales Support
- Support Ad Sales team with audience data to pitch advertisers on the Group Nine consumer across all of our brands & media portfolio
- Work with 3rd-party research provider, Paid Social, & Ad Ops teams to implement brand health studies, surveys, & other audience measurement products across Group Nine
- Review RFP & Sales documents to hold a clear understanding of advertiser goals & audience targets
- Monitor ad effectiveness & audience measurement processes across all properties to ensure that tech/tags are working properly, & that studies are performing
- Work with Senior Director of Research to design campaign reporting & wrap materials for team leadership & ad clients
- Communicate results to clients on the phone or in person for final insights, future recommendations, & general marketing consultation
- Bachelors degree in marketing, economics, math, psychology, or another quant/analytical field preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience (or academic equivalent) in a data-driven or advertising-focused media role
- Comfortable working in a data-driven environment built around media, tech, advertising, & market research
- Excel & PowerPoint proficiency, ability to interpret data, tell a story, provide actionable insights, & use text and/or visual displays to illustrate ideas
- Understanding of advertising, creatives, web article content & native advertising or branded content
- High attention to detail, ability to organize & maintain data sets securely
- Must be familiar with the industrys biggest premium web publishers -- BuzzFeed, Vice, Business Insider
- Great organizational skills, & an eye for developing intelligent workflows & process
- Communication skills are an absolute must, an ability to take complex information & simplify it for broader audiences
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn & face challenges, creative & critical thinking skills
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Agency or in-house brand experience a plus
- Ad Ops or product design experience a plus
- Experience in a client-facing role is a plus
- Statistical or data science background a plus
- Familiarity with Google DFP, Lotame, SPSS, or STATA a plus
- Experience with online audience measurement & ad effectiveness research comScore, Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings, Millward Brown Digital, Facebook Audience Insights, Google Analytics, NewsWhip, CrowdTangle, MOAT, DoubleVerify, etc.
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.