Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum. The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
At Harrys, we build brands that consumers love & our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs & motivations of consumers is key to driving our business strategy & Consumer Insights is central to making that happen.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative, curious, & analytical insights expert who quickly translates business needs into approaches for learning that keep us on the leading edge of mens grooming. As a Manager of Insights, you will represent the voice of our consumers & customers to inform business decisions & unlock significant growth for our brand. You will be an expert on category consumers & the competitive market to identify & answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust & reliable custom research.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Harrys customer & their omni-channel purchase journey, loyalty drivers & barriers
- Uncover robust consumer & category insights to inspire motivating communications, meaningful innovation, & a positive brand experience
- Represent the voice of the consumer on a cross-functional team responsible for defining & executing a category growth strategy
- Translate business needs into an ongoing insights roadmap; design & independently execute a full plan comprised of DIY primary market research & syndicated analyses that deliver timely results to inform category decisions
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams, senior management, & external partners by distilling results to essential learning & actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Help enhance our insights capabilities to strengthen the breadth & depth of insights for an ever-stronger understanding of our guy
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning & uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd & 4th order questions
- Passionate about consumers & customers You champion a consumer first mindset that strengthens our understanding of the category, consumers, & the omni-channel customer journey
- Crafty & creative You look for creative solutions & arent afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives & timelines & build research approaches to suit. You are energized by executing research projects on your own or occasionally working with external partners when required
- Skilled data storyteller You are comfortable analyzing & weaving together disparate information from primary research, syndicated data, & publicly available sources into a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Unwaveringly objective You represent the voice of the customer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to ingoing hypotheses or prior learning
- You are highly collaborative & able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal & informal influence
- 4-6 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods. DTC brand experience is a plus.
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative tools, moderating qualitative research, working with large databases, & conducting analytics to garner learning from data
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Director, Brand Insights
- Provide direct support to the Marketing & Direct-to-Consumer teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights & U.S. brand team
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.