As part of the newly created Data Strategy & Enablement Team (DS&E), this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the worlds leading data-driven retailer.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individuals to join as part of the data security, data privacy & governance engagement teams.
This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, & prior business process transformation experience. The successful candidates will be able to complete complex tasks & projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround & take effective action as required.
About the Data Strategy & Enablement Organization
Our organization focuses on managing & delivering world-class data assets, including creating & maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, & developing pipelines & self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core & building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, & partner data, ensuring privacy & security when collecting
Who you are
- Currently pursuing BA/BS or MA degree in related field such as information management, system management, operations, business, supply chain, and/or finance
- Must be in penultimate year of study with December 2020 or May 2021 graduation date
- Strong GPA & a commitment to academics
- Passion for data security & management (including data security & privacy,data quality control & data disseminaton activities)
- Data management experience & Agile (SCRUM) experience a plus
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines & situations where conflicting priorities arise
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
About the Internship
Want to live a stylish lifestyle while working at the Fortune 1? Hoboken is minutes away from the worlds best restaurants & bars in New York City. Spend your summer exploring the vibrant night life, museums & historic parks while driving the future of our data strategy. Every day, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offerings ranging from brand knowledge to agile training. Through the intern executive speaker series, tech talks & work-team activities you will be able to gain greater knowledge on the company & the industry. Finally & most importantly, being an intern at Walmart eCommerce is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup basketball game, hanging out at company happy hours, or taking an intern-only catamaran cruise, there is always something going on. With New York City as your playground, the opportunities both inside & outside of work are endless. Join us!