Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, & discerning.
The Makeup Product Development Associate will be responsible for executing & supporting all stages of the makeup product development process from ideation to launch & beyond, playing a major role in the expansion of Glossier's current assortment. This person will liaise with external vendors & CMs, along with cross-functional partners in Packaging, Marketing, Operations, Regulatory & Creative to ensure that concepts are clearly communicated & executed throughout the development process. This position will report into the Senior Manager of Makeup Product Development.
6 Month Expectations:
- Support the development of 2023 & 2024 launches
- Research & develop expertise of the category & competitive landscape
- Remain on the cutting edge of emerging brands & trends, both within beauty & outside
- Initiate, write, & present cohesive & complete product briefs both internally & externally & partner with external vendors to execute against the product concept
- Collaborate cross-functionally as it relates to product briefs, formula feedback, copy & claims, artwork & regulatory deliverables
- Partner closely with Packaging, Design, R&I & Product Marketing, to create a holistic product experience that engages Glossiers new & repeat customers
- Collaborate closely with Consumer Insights to keep the Glossier customer at the heart of all new product development
- Monitor & maintain on-time delivery of critical project milestones, reporting risks & understanding tradeoffs along the development process
- Review all batch submissions as needed, including on-site approvals whenever necessary
- Create compelling & innovative claims language, partnering with R&I & regulatory to execute the appropriate supporting testing
- Attend cross-functional meetings as a representative of the Product Development team
- Support training for marketing, sales, retail & customer support, including formula dossiers, usage instructions, Q&As, etc. to ensure success of product in market
12+ Month Expectations:
- Partner with key stakeholders on the makeup category strategy for 2025 following with product concepts that execute on that strategy, defining how they fit within the Glossier portfolio, point of difference on the market, & bringing innovation to the forefront
- Support international expansion activities, including evaluation / reforms for compliance, locally relevant claims, & registration
- Work with labs, raw material suppliers, CMs, community & other partners on an ongoing basis to identify innovation & opportunities to build new iconic/hero products
- College degree required or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in product development
- Ability to work collaboratively & cross-functionally
- Passionate about makeup & the beauty industry
- Ability to work on multiple projects through strong prioritization & planning
- Detail-oriented, highly organized & able to meet deadlines
- Is a self-starter, able to take initiative, & work both independently & collaboratively
- Is a team player, flexible & able to adapt to changes
- Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Attend meetings internally & externally as needed including but not limited to trade shows, labs, factories, etc.
- Domestic & international travel may be required
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.