About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Weve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
As the Office Operations Manager, you will be the key to operational excellence & problem solving within our four walls, building strong relationships with all employees & external partners. You will wear lots of different hats & be an integral part of the team, performing various administrative tasks to support business needs. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, vibrant office environment & help shape the future of how we interact with our physical space. If you are excited about contributing to the continued success of Rent the Runway & are a positive, outgoing self starter, keep reading.
What Youll Do:
- Ensure the office consistently runs smoothly, keeping track of inventory, meticulously maintaining the facilities budget & expense reports, & managing all vendor relationships
- Be the point of contact & coordinate all office services: i.e. coffee, cleaning services, plant maintenance, etc.
- Ensure all supplies are ordered & well-organized
- Dynamically optimize the space according to team needs, challenges, & changes
- Act as chief problem solver within our physical space, proactively identifying areas of improvement, facilitating repairs, cleaning services, & filing tickets
- Proactively manage requests & suggestions for office improvements; log issues promptly & ensure timely follow through
- Partner with HR to ensure all new hires are set up for success in their physical workspace
- Assist our Chief Supply Chain Officer & General Manager in various tasks as needed related to the office, including calendar management
- Partner in the planning for various events such as holiday parties, office celebrations, etc.
- Own messaging information about building procedures, changes, or alerts
- Maintain, identify, & communicate office policies & procedures, & ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Keep up to date with office safety & regulations
- You love working in & are comfortable in a fast-paced, roll up your sleeves type environment; self-starter, doer personality who will take initiative from day 1
- You are an extremely positive & upbeat person, someone who views challenges as opportunities
- You have strong communication skills & can provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- You are a team player who is willing to do anything to support the team & business
- You are extremely organized & have a strong, astute attention to detail
- You thrive making autonomous decisions towards ongoing improvement across all office functions
- You have a knack for meticulous record keeping & documentation
- You naturally respect & understand the importance of confidentiality
- You bring a scrappy approach to problem solving & a can-do attitude
- You exhibit a strong work ethic & proven loyalty
- You can comfortably lift 15-20 lb. items for mail room & office maintenance purposes
- You are comfortable with being on-site at our Secaucus, NJ location 5 days a week
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.