Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
We believe in team-based component ownership, development & quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy & responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies & approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; this role will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market & improve our existing platform & products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world & make business applications better for people.
The Tradeshift platform is hosted on AWS & composed of a number of Java applications (with a dash of node. js & Scala/Akka) using RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Riak, PostgreSQL, & Cassandra. All of our current infrastructure is highly automated with Jenkins, Rundeck, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, etc playing key roles.
We work based on an agile value set & try to minimize the formal process footprint - no more than it takes for everyone to remain sane & productive. On the engineering side of things, we subscribe to continuous integration with a lot of automated testing, extending to our infrastructure related code. We also fully subscribe to automation of the build & release processes, test/behavior driven development, etc.
What a day is like:
- Helping with investigations & root cause analysis often in real time
- Manage cloud provider operations cost
- Be part of on-call duties for maintaining the platform
- Identifying & removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform, & improve platform security implementations
- Building & implementing new tools & automation to solve problems
- Expanding our platform footprint as we roll out into additional regions
- Working with other engineering teams to increase reliability & availability
- PCI DSS
You're perfect for this role if:
Have experience with a few of the items listed below, but there is no such thing as a perfect candidate!We value diverse skillsets & want to hear from you even if not all of the following apply.
- Deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Experience developing, releasing & iterating on distributed applications
- Hashicorp technologies - Terraform, Vagrant, Consul, & Vault
- Experience with configuration management technologies: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Docker & Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes & Helm
- AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Datastores such as PostgreSQL, Riak, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- CI/CD pipeline operation & automation
- Designing architecture aiming horizontally scalable microservices
- Cloud Design Patterns & Cloud Cost Models
- PCI DSS experience
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.