Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers build & deploy real world applications.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, & motivated self-starter to develop & innovate on providing a Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) to our developer customers. Reporting to the VP of Product initially, the Product Manager will lead a matrixed cross-functional team including Product Design, Product Engineering & Cloud Engineering to develop new products & capabilities for DigitalOcean.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy & dedicated product managers, designers & engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or B2B Software development who want to have a real impact, both within the company & in the developer community at large, & launch products that are used & loved by thousands of developers worldwide. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative & comfortable work environment, & the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced & growing technology company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop the roadmap for DBaaS products like MySQL, PostgreSQL & Redis & vision & translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to gather requirements & create user stories.
- Develop business cases & model unit economics for new products & features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics & user stories, & prioritizing & grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Create the product positioning & go-to-market plans.
- Enable the sales team with product training & collateral.
- Create & drive a community engagement plan.
What Well Expect From You:
- Previous product management experience, having participated in the product development cycle
- Demonstrated ability to grasp & learn new technologies.
- Experience creating developer-focused products, such as Databases, tools, or platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus.
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus).
- Past success in shaping software products with an eye on ease-of-use.
- Successfully managed a complex technical product.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!