At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Senior Public Policy Manager to join our transit, bike & pedestrian focused policy team! This position will help lead our efforts to make cities better for bicycling & walking & will report to the Director of Transit, Bicycle & Pedestrian Public Policy. This stellar policy expert will craft Lyfts policy priorities in the Central Region, & work directly with elected officials, policymakers, & key stakeholders at all levels of government in our top transit, bike & scooter markets. S/he will be dealing with regulatory & government issues as a pivotal part of our Lyfts mission to eliminate private car ownership & foster public policies that reclaim streets for people. Come join the exciting ride!
- Develop Lyfts legislative, regulatory, & political strategy in cities across the Central Region of the US (Major cities include Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis & Columbus)
- Represent Lyft in all interactions with electeds, government officials & staff, including providing testimony in legislative & regulatory hearings
- Track legislation relevant to Lyft at municipal, county & state levels
- Craft ideal regulatory frameworks & lead efforts to win local adoption
- Work cross-functionally with Lyft senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Lyfts operations & business interests
- Work closely with Lyfts community, public affairs, legal, compliance, communications, & operations teams on developing market strategy
- Manage team of top notch external policy consultants
- Develop & advocate for policies that support the growth of biking & walking, ridesharing & new mobility options, including self-driving cars
- 5+ years of experience in policy, government affairs, campaigns, and/or business development.
- Strong existing transportation, government, & advocacy relationships throughout the Central region
- Proven entrepreneurial & scrappy spirit
- Exceptional strategic & problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment. You can prioritize & execute while maintaining long-term strategic focus.
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- You love the art of a deal & are a closer
- Natural connector & relationship builder
- A love of travel (lots of travel, often last-minute)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) - you know how to tell a good story & advocate your position
- Passion for transportation, urban planning, politics, & sustainability
- Lyft user / believer
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.