What we want you for
We are changing how health insurance works, from signing up new members to paying claims. Oscar is also doing Risk Adjustment differently, finding innovative ways to document our members health conditions.
In this role, you will have ownership of Oscars Risk Adjustment Operations, overseeing a team that runs major programs for member outreach, medical record retrieval, & provider education. You will become familiar with how Oscar works & interact with all the teams in the company - from Product to Legal to Member Services & everything in between. You will be responsible for a significant budget & have an outsized impact on the companys bottom line.
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for someone with experience in & passion for operations & project management.
In this role, you will expand & manage the Risk Adjustment Operations in our fast-moving environment. We think you will be successful if you...
- Have 3+ years of project & team management at a startup, healthcare and/or insurance company
- Have experience creating & maintaining operations
- Enjoy managing projects with a large number of overlapping workstreams
- Have successfully managed individuals & perhaps teams
- Are detail-oriented & organized, but able to see the big picture & the bottom line
- Know how to work cross-functionally & collaboratively
- Are able to manage large, complex budgets
- Have worked with external vendors & are comfortable negotiating contract terms
- Can creatively solve operational problems & design process improvements
Additional skillsets that would be valuable include:
- Familiarity with Risk Adjustment (Commercial or Medicare)
- Familiarity with healthcare and/or insurance
- Familiarity with data analysis, experience with SQL or similar coding languages
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.