Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers & peers will love.
We are looking for a Senior Product Analytics Manager to join a growing Decision Science & Analytics team. Reporting to the Manager, Decision Science & Analytics, the Senior Product Analytics Manager will collaborate with business partners across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing robust & relevant analysis, insights & actionable data-guided recommendations. The DS&A team is hands-on with a wide variety of datasets, including user data, product behavior data, financial/payment data, upper-funnel marketing data, trust & safety data, & operational/infrastructure data.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Dive into a variety of datasets to answer critical business questions & uncover valuable insights, becoming a subject matter expert on the data generated by, & used by our Product teams.
- Own the ongoing automation & delivery of standardized data views, dashboards, & a self-service data exploration environment curated to varying levels of Product management & leadership
- Share a range of information, reasoning, insights & recommendations that will drive decisions by our Product teams, from simple SQL queries to more advanced, long-term modeling & financial / strategic analysis
- Build & maintain inclusive partnerships directly with key stakeholders across our Product teams, proactively identifying opportunities to provide clear data-guided reasoning & insights that validate or refute existing hypotheses & lead to new, impactful outcomes or initiatives
- Partner with Product managers to understand current barriers to information access, & help uncover opportunities for increased or more efficient use of data in day-to-day decision-making
- Evangelize & facilitate the use of data across Product teams, including standardized KPIs & consistent measurement methodologies.
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience in a quantitative analytics role, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Demonstrable critical thinking & analytical skills, including the ability & confidence to make conclusions & recommendations from data
- Proactive communication skills & track record of setting & executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Hands-on ability to generate reports to support a variety of business functions from start to finish (ex: data cleaning to analysis to presentation)
- Experience building easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards & reports
- Strong Interpersonal skills for building & maintaining relationships & managing conflicts
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), & ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience with data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Bonus:Prior experience with Python and/or statistical modeling tools such as R or Matlab.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Data & Analytics
Want to learn more about our Data & Analtyics team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!