Chiefs mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting & supporting women leaders. Our members are VP & C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today & building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, & you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, & other top-tier investors. Were headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, & Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, & Chicago.
About the People Team:
The People Teams mission is to help unlock the power of human potential at Chief. We work to shape an equitable & inclusive culture that amplifies voices, clears barriers, builds trust & fosters a sense of belonging for all - maximizing the most important driver of our success: our people.
About the Role:
As Director of People Operations, you will be instrumental in scaling & supporting Chiefs People function. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to support our 100+ person team.
Youll be responsible for HR Systems, Total Rewards, Benefits, Compliance, People Analytics and, importantly, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To succeed in this role, youll need to be both strategic & a doer - expertly zooming out & seeing the bigger picture, while also being adept at focusing on the tiny details while you build programs & procedures that scale. From rolling out seamless payroll & onboarding flows to leveling up our HR systems as we grow, youll make sure we are building a strong foundation for growth & always preparing ourselves for the next stage - all while making sure that maintaining an inclusive & equitable workplace remains center to everything that we do.
- In partnership with the larger People team & Senior Leadership at Chief, architect & guide diversity, equity & inclusion strategies & best practices, helping to ensure that they are embedded in all People team processes & that team members across the business feel supported & empowered in their own efforts to build balanced & inclusive teams
- Design & implement a comprehensive & progressive total rewards strategy - including traditional & non-traditional benefits, employee well-being, leave management - all while making reference to benchmarks & assessments of market data
- Develop strategies to drive employee awareness & understanding of all compensation & benefit programs, & partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure its part of a comprehensive Employer Branding strategy
- Oversee benefits administration
- Drive procurement process for the entire People team technology stack, from application tracking to payroll & benefits administration
- Partner with People Team leadership to keep track of, report on & drive meaningful insights & actions around metrics related to talent acquisition, diversity & inclusion, retention, etc.
- Guide a best-in-class employee experience from onboarding to offboarding & almost every touch point an employee has with the People function in between
- Partner with the internal teams to influence the creation & implementation of high quality, actionable processes & ensure operational readiness based on best practices
What Youll Bring:
- A passion for helping to build workplaces where everyone feels a sense of belonging through a commitment to impactful diversity, equity & inclusion strategies
- Strength in developing creative solutions to address scaling challenges
- Excellent communication skills & ability to coach, influence, & partner with various levels of team members to find solutions, increase productivity, efficiency & team success
- Commitment to building industry leading & progressive in our total rewards programs, regularly monitoring external trends to proactively adjust our total rewards programs to stay competitive in the market
- An eye to ensure Chiefs compensation & benefits programs are supportive of our diversity & inclusion programs
- Experience in creating, designing, & maintaining effective dashboards & other data delivery methods to stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a high growth (ideally scaling startup) environment, multi-task, prioritize effectively, & adhere to tight deadlines & quick turnarounds
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, & time management skills
- Experience in similar People Operations role, ideally in a high growth organization
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, & vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create & attend inspiring experiences & events with leaders of the industry