ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton Creative is looking to hire a Senior leader to help grow, manage, & develop one of the most sharp retouching studios in New York City. Peloton is widely known for its design & groundbreaking innovation; while the company expands internationally, so are our retouching needs. Were looking for a strong leader to join our growing Creative Team to lead retouching studio. They will report directly to the Director of Photography, & will work hands on with our team leads to create stunning visual imagery.
- Serve as day to day liaison to creative, stakeholders, agencies, etc.
- Facilitate & dispense workload across department with retouchers of varying strengths to meet stakeholder deadlines & creative asks.
- Track & manage time spent on each image to evaluate resource spend; produce reports & conduct post-mortem meetings in order to improve workflow.
- Owns establishment of holistic retouching process & retouching treatments across all images.
- Leads strategy over hiring & establishing the development of our internal retouchers.
- Cultivate & maintain a department where retouchers are simultaneously being challenged & equally learning from one another.
- Provide experienced guidance in the development of our retouching process across all visual assets ranging from social imagery to national print & digital campaigns.
- Will manage a fluctuating team of 6-10 people with assistance from our Post Production producer & Senior Retoucher.
- Provide new & efficient approaches to retouching work stream.
- 7+ years experience in a high volume retouching production studio
- 4+ years management experience
- Vast knowledge of photography post production: beauty, fashion, editorial, fitness, etc.
- An appreciation & understanding of art & how to productively critique the wide range production artists.
- Must be able to see beyond the image, have a fundamental understanding of how much we can manipulate our image.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, InDesign, & File Transfer Programs (FTP, Dropbox, wetransfer, etc.)
- Superb color vision & ability to "see" color
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both in a team & independently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a large creative team
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.