Vivvi is seeking a talented & passionate early childhood educator to join our team as an infant teacher supporting the development & well being of children who are 6 weeks-12 months old.
You will work alongside world-class educators to implement an inquiry-based curriculum guided by childrens developmental needs & interests. In our brand new, state-of-the-art classrooms, you will dream up rich, thematic units that foster childrens curiosity & help them achieve key individual & age-appropriate milestones. You will be supported every step of the way by caring colleagues & knowledgeable school leaders who are committed to your growth & happiness.
If you truly enjoy & appreciate working with young learners, see every child as infinitely capable, & believe every family deserves access to world-class child care that meets their needs, join us!
- Support planning & implementation of activities & curriculum tailored towards childrens developmental growth
- Engage with children in age-appropriate ways using enriching, positive language, loving care, & interactive play
- Ensure childrens health & safety at all times through close supervision & adherence to a robust set of daily protocols
- Proactively communicate with parents regarding their childrens development & growth
- An Associates Degree and/or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or a similar field
- At least two years of experience working with infants
- Ability to support creation of high quality educational content
- Ability to create trusting relationships with children, families & other colleagues
- Strong communication & writing skills
- CPR & First Aid certification or willingness to obtain
- Ability to perform physical activities as described:
- Physical demands of this position include sitting & standing for extended periods of time. The employee may frequently move or lift children weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Frequent bending at the waist is required, as is kneeling, crouching, squatting, pushing & pulling. Employees must be able to reach overhead as well as above the shoulders & horizontally. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, hiring process, or employment requirements should contact email@example.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Full-time, salaried role
- Investment in your growth & skill development as an educator
- Being a part of a wide network of educators who embody the same educational spirit & mindset
- Competitive pay, including stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Paid time off
Start date is May 2022.
To be considered, applicants must be based or willing to relocate to NY. Candidates must also be legally authorized to work in the US or possess independent work authorization.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
One of Vivvis values is to treat each other with honor for the whole person (not just the roles we fulfill). This means we acknowledge each others rich experience, cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, & skills to reach the best outcomes. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org & include your resume. We look forward to receiving your application!