In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. Thats why were pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people & explore the Internet together. Gather on group video & hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, & more. It's a portal in your pocketto your people, to the weird & wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker & is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, & a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto & Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, & always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internettogether.
What is an Airtime Campus Strategist?
Airtime Campus Strategists are committed to the vision of Airtime first & foremost: they already embrace their full, unfiltered selves & believe in the power of deep, meaningful friendships on & offline. They have a thorough understanding of their communities, naturally bring people together, & are constantly finding new, creative ways to spread the word. They are experts on campus - marketers, innovators, connectors - & act as our on-the-ground informants.
What Youll Do
Airtime Campus Strategists are responsible for raising brand awareness on their college campus & finding fun & innovative ways to get everyone pumped about the vision of Airtime. Strategists should own that vision, get creative, & bring it to life. Our Strategists also get the opportunity to engage with each other & share ideas, best practices, & general Airtime love. Everyone can expect to get real world experience in business, marketing, & community building.
Airtime HQ will provide all the materials & guidance you need to succeed. We know you understand your campus better than we do. The ideal candidate combines that knowledge with our resources to ensure the Airtime brand shows up on campus organically. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate press on your campus & get people talking about Airtime.
- Contact student newspapers & zines, write a blog post, give an interview, do an insta story takeover - whatever gets the word out.
- Submit a weekly campus event & trend report to Airtime HQ.
- Table at your student center or HUB.
- Propose using Airtime to student groups, & exec teams at least once a month.
- Partner with student groups to sponsor an Airtime event at least once a month. (Airtime will provide food budget, branded cutlery, and/or swag for qualifying events).
- Share ideas with Campus Strategists from other schools to develop marketing best practices.
What Were Looking For
- A social butterfly.
- A student leader, influencer, networkers, & connector on campus.
- Has strong writing & communication skills.
- Is plugged into campus culture as well as pop culture at large.
- Serves on the exec board of a student org.
- Has a solid understanding of marketing landscape; marketing, PR, & advertising majors or experience preferred but not required.
Airtime is an equal opportunity employer & welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds & identities to apply.