About the role.
Do you have a knack for customer problem-solving & an eye for detail? Do you take pride in delivering an organized & complete work product for customers? Are you an experienced team motivator & people leader? Then come join our team as an Operations Manager!
This role is a critical link between our life insurance customers, agents & insurance partners. Youll be managing our high-performing Customer Success team, who collect all final requirements & get our clients across the finish line in their life insurance purchasing journey.
In this role, you will
- Manage a team of agents & coordinators & own their individual & team-level performance by delivering structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, & professional development conversations
- Align direct reports on team goals (daily, weekly, monthly) & provide regular visibility into the progress toward those goals
- Provide daily coaching & supervision through side-by-sides, retroactive call/ticket review & team huddles
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel of your immediate team by delivering on hiring targets set by direct manager
- Ensure compliance with regulation & adherence to Pg quality standards in concert with our quality assurance team
- Work with team leads to handle client escalations & vendor issues
- Provide actionable feedback from clients & the team to drive process & product improvements
- Regularly report out on team performance to company leadership focusing on insights & initiatives to improve performance
Wed love to hear from you if
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience required.
- You have prior experience in managing client & carrier/vendor relations
- Youre passionate about mentoring & coaching others, with sound judgement in people situations & the ability to have difficult conversations.
- You work to solve problems quickly & efficiently, particularly when faced with constantly shifting priorities.
- Youre an exceptional communicator, with a strong attention to detail & superior self-management.
- Youre comfortable analyzing & synthesizing data to drive your teams performance.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, & buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO & co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, & weve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, were proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (weve doubled in size year over year!), weve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, & humor, & we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, & creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why weve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated & is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives & opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, & excellence across all parts of our company, & are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!