Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice is looking for a data science lead with solid experience in marketing & digital advertising platforms to join our Business Data Science team. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of order attribution & how it may affect business outcomes to help drive the success of our marketing efforts. You have a track record of partnering with other teams in Product, Engineering & Operations on cross-functional initiatives. You are scrappy & excited about working in an evolving business & data infrastructure, you feel passionate about building a data-driven culture of the company & having a huge impact on a growing team.
Read more about our initiatives here.
What you'll do:
- Owns the tracking, measurement & modeling of acquisition, attribution & campaign performance across different marketing channels
- Define strategies & tactics to improve both the marketing effectiveness & efficiency of media performance, drive insights & recommendations to optimize marketing efforts
- Build full-cycle experiments, reports, & dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting & statistical tools
- Manage cross-functional projects & initiatives by identifying essential metrics & building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Coach junior members on the team & partner with Marketing leaders & cross-functional teams to scale & automate our marketing efforts
- BS in statistics, mathematics or related quantitative fields
- 6+ years of analytics experience in Marketing & paid media, either within an agency or in a large marketing organization
- Proficiency in SQL & experience in data ETL in large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc.
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly & effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Ability to manage small projects & to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the engineering skill base & community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Industry Leading Salary
- Share Options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Health & Dental Care
- Income & Death insurance
- 750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.