Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
* Engineering is a remote first team
About the Role
Flamingo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who wants to be a part of our mission to create things people like more. Youll be joining a team of three engineers focused on front end development for www.shopflamingo.com. Youll design & develop new features using technologies like React, TypeScript, CSS, & GraphQL.
What you will accomplish:
- Deliver projects on time, autonomously, in familiar technology, with work that requires little validation & oversight.
- Collaborate within small teams, successfully releasing changes to production without impacting performance or reliability.
- Create clear & complete technical design documents, runbooks, code reviews, or incident resolutions.
- Identify & correct defects, not just your own, within your domain.
This should describe you:
- You have worked with GraphQL.
- You have experience with unit & feature testing, CI/CD processes, & web performance.
- You are eager to learn & share knowledge
- You get excited about diving into new projects, programs, technology, & are curious/open when discussing different approaches to work
- You are able to deliver constructive feedback that feels objective & supportive
- You communicate the why behind a decision so teammates understand rationale & can make better decisions accordingly
- You are reliable & communicate actively (and empathetically)
About the Team
Harrys engineering team works remotely but has bases in both NY & London. The Platform team builds solutions for all of its DTC brands, operating in all regions of the world. It partners with product managers, CX agents, front end & back end developers to enable our staff to service our customers to the best of our ability.
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $122,400-$168,300, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.