Designer, First Look Media
New York, NY
Our marketing team is seeking a Designer with great aesthetic sensibilities & a love of entertainment. Our team supports the marketing & creative needs of First Look Media (corporate) & Topic Studios. Projects will include everything from developing & pitching key art, creating pitch decks & presentation decks, social media assets, promotional content & marketing campaigns, event signage, & overall, helping to maintain brand quality standards.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with entertainment brands & how to best develop creative solutions for platforms where our presence & content live including websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & TikTok.
We are looking for a talented, creative & experienced designer that is self-motivated, resourceful, highly motivated, organized & efficient, adaptable, energetic, professional, collaborative, & with an overall great work ethic. This position will be the sole Designer on the team & will work with outside freelance designers, editors & motion graphics professionals as needed.
- Help to develop & maintain the visual identity of the brands
- Be highly collaborative & adaptable with teams & individuals across the company to tackle new initiatives & meet unexpected challenges.
- Build strong, supportive, & constructive relationships throughout the organization.
- Conceptualize & develop key art
- Develop logos, title treatments & brand systems
- Conceptualize & develop ads & marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop ideas.
- Own individual projects from conception to completion.
- Be diligent about keeping key staff in the loop regarding the status of projects
- Develop presentation decks & deck templates (Adobe Express, etc.)
- Create event signage & collateral
- Resize assets as needed for print & digital
- Design materials for print (business cards, postcards, collateral, custom packaging, signage, etc)
- Own projects from conception through execution.
- Work to constantly push, evolve & elevate the work.
- Stay on top of industry trends, advancements & new techniques that could help to elevate the work & brand.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions related to projects & overall department, & company goals
- Work within our file structure system & keeping files extremely organized.
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a designer, preferably in film, television, entertainment, or media
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, fine art or related field or equivalent experience.
- A passion for design.
- 5+ years using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Motion design experience a plus (Adobe AfterEffects)
- Experience developing key art & working on marketing campaigns preferred.
- Strong sense of visual storytelling & visual aesthetic
- Experience with branding & developing systems that reinforce & strengthen brand equity
- Experience with print & prepping files for printers
- Ability to take feedback as a process & a means to continually improve, grow & pivot as needed.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines & to prioritize the needs of multiple assignments.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves & get things done
- Ability to present ideas clearly & thoughtfully.
- Ability to share feedback in a constructive way.
- Ability to help problem solve & come up with solutions.
- Self-starter who is a detail-oriented, & enthusiastic team player.
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Incredibly creative, organized, efficient & dedicated to creating quality work.