We are currently seeking a detail-obsessed Publishing Coordinator to be a part of the most engaged-with media brand for animals. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in content operations to actively contribute to & learn more about the digital publishing process & the social media landscape. This role is for you if you have a knack for organizing any team youre on, & are always looking to understand how things get done.
This position will operate between product, editorial, social media, & business teams to help maintain publishing workflows across multiple platforms & systems, & support various other company projects. The right candidate will have a natural aptitude for learning new platforms & tools to help teams work more efficiently. Theyll need to be able to work independently across departments while remaining communicative & proactive, & have an eagerness to learn new things & wear many different hats. The ideal candidate is an ultra-organized self-starter, excels in a deadline-driven environment, & is highly motivated to problem solve & be a key support beam for our internal operations. This role reports into the Director of Publishing, but will work actively with various teams on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Spearhead pre- & post-production database support for video & social teams with an eye on efficiency & quality
- Help standardize workflows within The Dodo & its parent company, Group Nine, & implement upgraded processes as publishing strategies evolve
- Build out & maintain process manuals & other internal documents, & wrangle assets across teams
- Oversee upkeep of The Dodos content management system & troubleshoot with tech/product teams in real time
- Support the curation & delivery of content to a variety of distribution partners as needed
- Work with analytics team to build out content tagging best practices, & other categorization of content as needed
- Provide ad-hoc support for other initiatives and perform other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years experience in an operations-focused role, preferably in digital media
- A passion for The Dodo brand specifically & digital media as a whole
- Impeccable written & verbal communication skills, & versed in email & Slack etiquette
- Self-starter who can work autonomously & as part of a team, with a point of view on ways to move any project forward
- An obsession with organization & an extreme attention to detail. Naturally enjoys project management & using new tools & software to help scale teams
- A team player, flexible, patient, go-with-the-flow, resilient, fill the void attitude
- Must work well under deadlines, & have the ability to over-communicate, both efficiently & in a timely manner
- Proactive, can change direction with ease & a positive attitude, & remain ahead of the curve ability to see problems before they arise, & offer multiple solutions
Desired / Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with the backend of a CMS, such as Wordpress or Squarespace
- Experience using relational databases (i.e. Airtable), or similar media/project management platforms
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies and/or a willingness to dive in & learn
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop & Acrobat
- Experience with basic SEO frameworks is a plus
- Basic HTML skills a plus
- Baseline knowledge of video production process & social media, and/or strong interest in learning more
Who is The Dodo?
The Dodo is the worlds #1 animal brand andthe most engaged-with media brand globally across all content genres. Were obsessed with creating fun, entertaining, emotional content that makes people fall in love with animals. Were looking for committed, proactive & positive people who want to help build our brand & grow with our company. We offer competitive pay, medical insurance, & perks like working from home on Fridays. Office culture & work-life balance are very important to us, & bringing your dog to work is encouraged! Our team is made up of enthusiastic, ambitious people who like to help animals & have fun in the process.
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?