Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers & publishers to control & maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching & engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats & devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure & remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices & six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
We are immediately hiring aJava Engineering Intern / Software Engineering Intern (Fall2019 start)to join our Big Data Engineeringteam.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant, & highly available platform for the petabytes of data in PubMatic Analytics. Our platform is built to ingest & process data, providing real-time, 'slice & dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
The successful hire will have an opportunity to work in a production environment with the following technologies--Java, Microservices,Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS, 1000+ nodes,Kinetica, Vertica & the scale is phenomenal -- we consume about 50TB of data per day. This is an awesome role for a server side software engineer looking to get into big data engineering or a Hadoop engineer to take on a larger role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design & implement the software solutions for PubMatic Application/Modules in PubMatic's technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UI, QA, Account management & platform teams in US & Pune, India for new features, enhancements & fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance & to high-quality standards
- Create new or fix existing common components in the PubMatic platform
- Design & review the work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed
- Interact with cross functional teams to resolve the dependencies & ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules
- Automate development, QA build & deployment processes
- Very strong computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms, etc.
- 1+ years of Java development experience
- 1+ years of design patterns, debugging techniques, build processes, test frameworks & CI tools
- 1+ years of Agile & Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation & prioritization techniques
- Interest in learning Big Data technologies
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working & coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of the application performance & scalability considerations
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, & operations
- A passion for developing & maintaining a high-quality code & test base, & enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly & independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills & desire to work collaboratively
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don't just value diversity, we promote & celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.