As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to Visa's Chief Privacy Officer, you will have opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the company's global privacy program & strategy. Depending on the candidate's skills & interests, s/he will:
- Work closely with product teams for digital offerings such as the Visa Commerce Network to define & implement user interfaces & processes that protect privacy rights;
- Advise data analytics functions on laws, contractual obligations, & ethical considerations affecting Big Data analysis & use;
- Advise teams on privacy-by-design & privacy engineering;
- Conduct privacy impact assessments,
- Evaluate the impact of contractual & regulatory privacy & security requirements on business practices,
- Analyze the privacy & security implications of new products & services & offering guidance on ways to minimize privacy compliance risks,
- Advise teams on privacy-by-design & privacy engineering
- Counsel Human Resources on employee privacy issues
- Draft privacy notices,
- Document consent processes,
- Authorize trans-border data flows,
- Assist with privacy & security training for Visa's workforce,
- Assist with incident response, including security breach notifications,
- Monitor legal developments, such as new laws or regulatory guidance, & providing analysis of same as needed to the business units,
- Coordinate with Visa's policy teams to draft position papers & related materials
- Support business unit attorneys with respect to privacy issues in contract negotiations & client relationships.
- Train colleagues in key parts of the company on privacy laws & other factors that define Visa's rights & responsibilities with regard to data
8-10 years of combined major law firm & in-house practice with at least 5 years of substantive privacy background & experience
- Juris Doctor degree or foreign equivalent with strong academic credentials;
- Admission to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction;
- Strong understanding of IT, web technologies (especially those used in the collection, storage & analysis of data), mobile & connected devices;
- Experience providing practical advice to clients on data use & privacy issues;
- Excellent written, oral & presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to interact well & build excellent working relationships with all levels of management;
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, & ability to operate effectively as a team player across different business units; and
- A passion to engage deeply with complex data use & privacy issues.
- The ideal candidate would also have:
- Understanding of online advertising, including underlying tracking technologies;
- Understanding of cybersecurity & network monitoring & security;
- Understanding of management of personal data in the HR context;
- Privacy program management experience;
- Experience in the payments industry;
- One or more CIPP certification(s);
- Experience in drafting privacy policies & notices; and
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint
- Applicants are requested, but not required, to provide a deal sheet along with their resumes.
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.