Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital Partnerships & Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa's public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands & platform providers & manages the ongoing engagement with large & small Fintech players across the region.
Large-scale digital platforms are an increasingly important component of our product & solutions distribution strategy. Likewise, smaller fintech players are an increasingly important source of innovation & disruption in payments. Our Digital Partnerships team develops new solutions & commercial partnerships with major digital platforms & will engages the fintech community to nurture growth in new solutions & partnerships.
Digital Partnerships is responsible for developing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs & deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
The Trainee will contribute to the team's programmatic management of strategic partnerships with critical non-financial institutions, which includes tech giants & multi-regional players as well as the wider ecosystem.
The Trainee will help navigating, coordinating, analyzing & managing the existing Bigtech & Fintech relationship we have signed agreements with & bringing different initiatives to fruition
Key responsibilities (percentages are guides only)
70% - Support day to day account management related activities including:
- Reporting - account updates, project reports (MS Excel and/or PowerPoint, Salesforce)
- Project management on multiple on-going department projects
- Supporting Visa's Digital Partnerships & Ventures Team events
- Visa Fintech Fastrack program deliverables (webinars, PowerPoint assets, Process mapping etc.)
30% - Support with ongoing deployment for new programs (mostly Fintechs)
- Support Program Manager in partner deployment
- Help build program tracker & join internal & external calls on the project
- Engage in adhoc problem solving depending on the scope of the project
- Good opportunity to learn how Visa works & deploys with BigTech & FinTech partners
What are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Students pursuing Diploma courses in Business,Management, Innovation, Information Technology or related fields
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (Strong command of English)
- Detail oriented, organized & curious
- Agile & easy to adapt to different moving projects
- Must be able to work in a dynamic startup-like team environment with a diverse team
- Energetic, positive, with a can do attitude
- Keen to get stuff done
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from Feb/Mar 2020 onwards. The minimum duration for this internship is 3 months.