Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Each day, the code we write makes instant decisions on
how to handle a billion requests across the globe. Setting up architecture at this scale is complex and
requires the collaboration of all of our engineering teams working in unison while educating each other to
help us all grow. Whether your interests lie in large-scale systems, machine learning, data warehousing,
backend technologies, or client-side innovations, Kargo provides an opportunity to expand your
knowledge through exciting projects that reach millions of users every day.
Bringing together creativity, technology & quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and
build connections with consumers on the most important screen today the phone. Kargo & Kargo
leadership are regularly recognized for the companys growth & achievements, including: Adweek
Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insiders Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups list (2015 & 2016), the
Crains New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 & 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016),
the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in
NYC (2017), & the 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 170 people in New York,
Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland & Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile),
Twitter (@kargo) & LinkedIn ( Kargo ).
Summary of Jobs Purpose:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for taking on a leading role in one or
more of Kargos products & will be integral in mentoring & guiding others. We are building
sustainable, reusable, & scalable codebases in an agile environment & are true believers of
doing it right the first time. We want our engineers to be self-starters, eager learners, who will
grow with our company.
You should be comfortable working alongside Engineering, Product, & Design teams to
develop clean code. Ultimately, you will help shape & define our creative & collaborative
processes & will follow a best practice approach to producing high-performing products.
- You are a seasoned software engineer who writes clean & effective code.
- Your experience working with multiple language & frameworks helps you understand
- which is the right tool/language for whichever is the problem at hand.
- You have a strong understanding of software design patterns & are able to clearly
- communicate guidelines & best practices that the whole team should follow.
- You have strong analytical skills that help in identifying where & when to fix a bug vs when
- it makes sense to refactor the codebase to prevent similar issues in the future.
- You have experience working on both frontend & backend, & understand how to
- architect a larger system.
- You are expected to be able to work with other team members to fix & deploy any bugs or
- features that come your way, as well as to set Best Practices & help improve upon the way we build products.
- You will participate in architecture planning, code reviews, & learning sessions to help
- spread knowledge.
- You will identify & initiate investigations into new technologies, prototype & test solutions for product features, & design & validate production designs that deliver exceptional user experiences.
- B.S or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent work experience).
- At least 4-8 years of experience working in the Software industry or a related field.
- Strong portfolio (i.e. Github) demonstrating past work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, including QA & deployment processes.
- Experience reviewing other developers code & mentoring more junior developers.
- Robust algorithms, data structures, & coding background.
- Expert in at least one major, modern programming language & framework(s).
- Experience in Angular, Node.js, and/or Go is a plus.
- Familiarity with the current technical capabilities & limitations of mobile devices - what works where across devices, OS versions, platforms, SDKs, & mobile web.
- Ability to take a loosely defined idea from the brainstorming phase to production, including the architecture plan, development, & testing process.
- Clean sense of design aesthetics & a natural propensity towards simplification over-complication.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, & analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly & persuasively.