Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Corporate Systems team provides development & support for Client, Corporate Operations & Administration Systems.Visaglobal business functions supported by CIT include Branding, Marketing, Sales, Service, Call Center, Finance, Revenue, Human Resources, Customer Relationship Management & Corporate Risk. This includes managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation & maintenance of corporate applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software & custom developed solutions.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend & showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting & managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs & visualizations for relationships/utilization & a whole lot more. On this team, you'll create efficient & reusable systems with extensive test coverage & modern technologies. You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces & ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product & technological decisions.
- Basic Qualifications
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Preferred Qualifications
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters)
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience of building REST based web services & web applications using Java & Spring framework
- Experience writing unit & integration test cases
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design & programming concepts
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation/PaaS/Continuous Delivery
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux & Windows
- Process oriented with strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Work independently, driving projects end to end & provide guidance to Junior developers
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements & refinements to standards, best practices
- Collaborate & talk through your architecture & delivery decisions
- Tackle the tough design & product problems
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Work independently, driving projects end to end & provide guidance to junior developers
- Develop scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Build tools to automate our deployment pipelines
- Build tools to report on status of operations & performance
- Build automated tests & enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development & code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements & refinements to standards, best practices & development methodologies.
- Create documentation & procedures for development, deployment & maintenance
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.