We're looking for an Accounting Manager specializing in Revenue to join the Accounting team in New York to support Vimeos growth by ensuring timely & accurate financial reporting & a strong & sustainable internal control environment.
You will specialize in global revenue recognition & serve as a key manager to design, implement & maintain revenue processes & controls as well as oversee & coordinate source data reports, third party reporting, & cash transactions impacting revenue reporting. You will collaborate closely with many of Vimeos organizations, including Sales, Sales Operations, BI & Analytics, Product & Engineering & Transactions. Additionally, youll be reviewing monthly journal entries & reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process including the analysis of accounts receivable & related allowance for credit losses & deferred revenue.
What you'll do:
- Review & document complex customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with U.S. GAAP, specifically ASC 606, Revenue Recognition
- Review revenue & deferred revenue journal entries & related reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process, ensuring reconciling items are properly documented & establishing processes to prevent further occurrences
- Analyze actual revenue results against forecast, prior quarters & prior years & provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting
- Analyze the allowance for credit losses & apply company policy for allowance provisions & write offs
- Monitor sales team requests & assess appropriateness under ASC 606, suggesting contract adjustments to optimize revenue recognition accounting processes
- Partner with the Sales Operations team to ensure revenue-affecting data points are properly reflected in Salesforce in real time.
- Work closely with product & analytics teams on business changes & new revenue products to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Lead efforts to implement a new billing system & integrated revenue recognition software
- Respond to interim review & year-end audit requests from internal & external auditors, as needed
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 6+ years of experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with at least 3 years of revenue accounting experience (606 Revenue Recognition) at a publicly traded company
- BS Degree in Accounting & CPA required
- Well-reversed in revenue contracts review, identifying & prioritizing issues that may impact revenue recognition, independently assessing solutions, & thinking critically & creatively
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Advanced, Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Conditional formulas), particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading & manipulating large amounts of data
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Outstanding organizational & time-management skills, with high attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently & in a team environment, collaborating with individuals across a broad range of operational, functional & technical disciplines
- Ability to recommend & implement changes to improve processes & mitigate risk
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.