Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking a Senior Systems Project Manager for its Business Systems team to join our fast-growing Business Technology group. We are looking for a talented & mission-oriented project manager who can lead complex Business Systems Projects in Sales, Marketing, Finance, HCM and/or Customer Success areas.
This is a proper project manager role, where they would be responsible for delivering projects on-time, on-budget with high quality & having a direct impact on the success of the company. This includes technical project management, leadership & partnership with cross functional & technology teams. They would be responsible for defining, planning, tracking, & overall management of project lifecycles. They also ensure adherence to agile project management methodology & practices, provide team coaching, technical leadership, evaluate the performance of team members, & reinforce best practices.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Business Systems leadership team in helping develop a long-term strategy roadmap.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, keep stakeholders informed of progress, risk & dependencies & manage expectations on all project requirements & deliverables.
- Own all aspects of project management including project planning, resource scheduling, risk logging & mitigation, communication & delivery.
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools, & procedures; Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives.
- Work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment & effectively liaise with personnel at all levels of the organization.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: Appian product training & Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, & flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of project management experience using Agile/Waterfall project management methodologies, techniques, & tools.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating & maintaining project deliverables such as: project charters, project management plans, communications plans, budgets, & schedules.
- Proficient in Agile Project Management, Scrum, & Capacity Planning & productivity tools like Jira
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present project plans & effectively present at different levels within the organization.
- Experience managing in complex projects & teams of up to 10 people & ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed & highly matrixed teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope, risk/dependency & quality while bringing projects to successful completion within the cost & time requirements.
Nice to haves:
- PMP or CSM certification is an asset
- Knowledge of CRM, ERP, CS or HCM Systems will be a plus
- Project Management/Implementation experience in a SaaS environment with third-party vendors
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.