Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pures largest to date & our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes & containers.
Press Release - September 16, 2020
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx, a Pure Storage Company is the Kubernetes Data Services Platform enterprises trust to run mission-critical applications in containers in production. Only Portworx provides a fully integrated solution for persistent storage, data protection, disaster recovery, data security, cross-cloud & data migrations, & automated capacity management for applications running on Kubernetes. As a result, Portworx is the #1 most used Kubernetes data services platform by Global 2000 companies, including Carrefour, Comcast, GE Digital, Kroger, Lufthansa, & T-Mobile. Based in Los Altos, Calif., the company was also named the Leader in the 2020 GigaOm Radar for Data Storage for Kubernetes report.
We are currently building out our Customer Experience team & are looking for Technical Services Engineers to join our US Team. As a Technical Services Engineer, you will:
- Analyze, troubleshoot, & support large-scale customer deployments of Portworxs container data services stack that span thousands of nodes in public & private clouds
- Become an expert in containers, container run times such as Docker & schedulers such as Swarm, Kubernetes, & Mesos
- Work with customers & partners in understanding & troubleshooting their deployments, application workflows & workloads through multiple layers of the software stack
- Work with engineering team to analyze the logs, reproduce customer issues & develop strategies to address customer issues
- Communicate proactively & clearly both internally & externally to enable highest levels of customer success
- Participate in pre-sales calls, help with customer installation during POC & when in production
- Perform hands-on Linux system setup, administration, & troubleshooting to help to enable successful customer installs
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- BS in Computer Science, IT degree or equivalent practical experience
- Good understanding of Linux system administration, systemd, cgroups & linux container concepts & troubleshooting.
- Experience with installing & supporting large-scale enterprise software & systems
- Experience work with public cloud environments like AWS, Azure & GCE desired
- Understanding of storage concepts, storage technologies, & prior experience troubleshooting storage deployments would be a plus
- Excellent shell scripting skills desired
- Experience in working with one or more devops tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform would be a plus
- Fluent in English with clear verbal & written communications skills
- Self-motivated, self starter who is not afraid to roll their up sleeves & do the right thing to help the customer succeed
- 8+ years experience
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.