The Paxos Operation Team supports many key functions for our business & customers. This international group is responsible for everything from customer Onboarding & support, to managing daily transactions & processes across multiple products, to working with various stakeholder groups across the business.
2019 was a big year for Paxos, we launched several products & rolled out partnerships with a number of key asset providers, & we are expecting that 2020 will be another year of growth & scale. As we continue to bring on more customers, make key product enhancements, & add new partners to our roster, the complexity of our daily operations will increase. As a result, we are growing the Operations Team & hiring key leadership positions into our various pillars.
One of these leadership roles is a Director, Product Operations, who will manage & grow the team responsible for a large component of our day-to-day business operations including settlements, transactions, & operational risk across areas including fiat, securities, commodities & crypto settlements. This role will also be responsible for building a strategic, roadmap to manage settlements as we scale, as well as partnering effectively with key business stakeholders from Product, Business Development, & other Operations pillars.
In addition to daily operations, the Director will need to be a strong player/coach who can get into the weeds when necessary & also operate with a strategic mindset. Hands on management of a global team is critical. This is a senior role that will have a direct, & measurable, impact on Paxos growth.
What you will do:
- Manage & grow a team of global Operations Associates. Identify key skills areas for the business & implement plans to hire & train up phenomenal SMEs
- Analyze existing processes across all of our products & identify areas of improvement. Execute on improvement plans as we scale
- Build best-in-class risk mitigation processes, identify key risk indicators, & regularly report on progress across the business
- Work closely with our technology group around product launches; ensuring that the appropriate operational & risk controls are defined, tested, & documented before go-live
- Ensure department procedure documents are accurate, robust & up-to-date. Train team members & Company stakeholders as appropriate
- Partner with the Recruiting Team to find & hire great people
- Act as a brand ambassador to both candidates & potential partners
- Support & drive continuous improvement for staff, processes & procedures; applies lesson-learned from previous experiences & assignments
- Communicates with confidence & creates a credible impression internally & externally ensuring that information presented is accurate & high-caliber
- Coordinate & partner with the Compliance team on the development, implementation & maintenance of their respective department or business area's procedures & internal controls.
What you need to have:
- 10 years of prior work experience in an operations, settlements, or product role
- Previous experience in a startup or other quickly growing company
- Previous experience managing teams. Preference for candidates who have inherited teams as well as hired them from scratch
- Strong understanding of process automation. You can suggest existing software or internal product enhancements that can make processes faster & more reliable
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Excellent partnership & stakeholder management skills
- Prior experience managing remote teams is a nice to have
- Experience launching new products is a nice to have
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.