BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Social Video Producer to join our social video team in Los Angeles or New York City. The Social Video Producer will work with the social video team to find & edit light-weight, short-form content for Facebook & Instagram, as well as collaborate to adapt social content for other platforms like YouTube. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable, & able to juggle multiple projects at once with an eye for excellent social content.
- Produce 4-6 videos a week
- Harvest user generated content from social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit & YouTube
- Secure & track content permission
- Identify & signal emerging trends to the social video team
- Work with strategists to prioritize time-sensitive projects so they are optimized for success
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Ability to identify content that represents marginalized voices & communities
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs & formats
- Extremely knowledgeable about TikTok & Instagram
- Interest in social platforms & data
- Comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, & Photoshop
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, & creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- Experienced in deadline-driven environment & internet video
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 BuzzFeed videos that performed well on our Facebook pages within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve produced.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.