Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time.
Oktas Universal Directory aims to build a system which brings together user information thats scattered across the cloud to one single location & use it as source to provision/update accounts in various third party systems. The quality of these integrations is a strategic differentiator & enable our customers to gain competitive advantages over their competitors
The team is responsible for designing & building how Okta streamlines authentication & synchronization with on-premises 3rd-party directories (e.g. LDAP & Active Directory) & help aid customers to migrate to a centralized view & control plane for identity & access leveraging Oktas Universal Directory.
You will share our passion & great pride in elegant solutions & will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, & an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will get an opportunity to solve hard problems around hybrid enterprise use cases & scaling the most widely used & deployed on-premises directories.
This is an opportunity to leverage your experience developing highly scalable cloud applications while building new skills in Identity & cloud platform development or to leverage your experience developing Identity products while building new skills in cloud applications & platform development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design & implement core, high-performance, scalable software components & APIs
- Experience working in Agile software development organizations leveraging continuous integration & deployment practices
- Work with engineering management to scope & plan engineering efforts
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation & dev evangelists
- 8+ years experience with hands on coding in Java, C#, or C++
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, & multi-threading
Nice to have Skills:
- Some experience working with Database such as MySql is preferred
- Experience with Directory services (eg: LDAP & Active Directory)
Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field is preferred