Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Coming on board to Appian Finance within the Appian Corporate team means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. We are a people-first organization, all committed to providing a first-class employee experience. Our top priority is ensuring our people & the business are equipped with the tools, resources, & processes needed to thrive. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
The Senior Technical Accountant will be focused on Revenue Recognition & will participate in all aspects of the revenue accounting function to review & approve customer contracts for proper revenue recognition. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment & can meet our business demands in a professional & knowledgeable manner.
This role will be at Appian HQ, which is located in McLean, VA. Expectation is to be in the office on a hybrid schedule.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience reviewing fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment & identify any issues to ensure that all software & services revenues follow generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
- Experience reviewing & approving revenue allocation & revenue plans in the NetSuite accounting system. This individual will also support the monthly closing process.
- Experience supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers & revenue allocation spreadsheets for booked orders.
- Experience with annual audit & quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
- Will assist with preparation of SEC filings as needed.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from across the globe.
Appian offers a wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 3-5 years of revenue accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience, strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- ERP financial systems experience, preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting & CPA certification.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.