Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
This position is for a Bioinformatics Software Test Engineer in the Bioinformatics Software Test team who will focus on automation of test sets for our data analysis pipeline that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples & analyze their genomic profiles, helping to find the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw.
Are you interested in joining a critical part of world class bioinformatics software test team & help improve & build product quality as early in the product development as possible? Do you like to solve complex software engineering & automation problems? You'll need to have excellent communication & cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies & have experience in test automation such as building integration framework with external tools , data management & CI/CD maintaince.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact working with an exceptional team to laythe foundation for quality software across multiple products in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop tests to cover requirements & properly document in tools, e.g. JIRA, JAMA.
- Own verification & validation efforts for subsystems & tools.
- Use advanced knowledge of software systems & software testing to identify, evaluate, & resolve complex test problems including complex test environments, software integration, & data management.
- Define best practices to implement & maintain, build, & support Test automation framework
- Collaborate with test team to define & drive testing standardization effort
- Continuously drive to expand & optimize current automated test case & Test automation framework
- Optimize, troubleshoot & stabilize various existing automation tests across all product lines.
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex & constantly evolving workspace
- Help to build & foster good engineering practices & processes in agile environment.
- Coach & mentor individual team members on test automation best practices & maintaince.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more
- Identify & implement software quality & test automation improvement initiatives
- Must have 4+ years of hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Bash, & Linux commands.
- Must have 4+ years of experience writing test automation scripts using testing frameworks in a CI/CD environment.
- Must have V&V working experience in a regulated environment (e.g.FDA, CAP/CLIA, GMP)
- Must have hands-on experience using tools like JIRA, JAMA, or similar.
- Strong analytical/communication skills, capable of uncovering anomalies in robust software.
- Strong understanding of:
- test methodologies (such as whitebox, performance, load, stress, functional, regression, unit, etc.)
- SDLC & TDD/BDD
- Risk Management
Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or related science field
- Knowledge & experience with Test Management & Test Data Management
- Knowledge & experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Experience working with bioinformatics/ data-analysis software.
- Experience working & testing Docker based applications
- Software testing for complex medical device systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.